- 2kg cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of thyme, rosemary and bay (each)
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- Good-quality Cumberland or coarse Italian pork sausage (12)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Put in all your tomatoes, the herb sprigs, oregano, garlic and sausages in a roasting tray. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss together, then make sure the sausages are on top and pop the tray into the oven for half an hour. After this time, give it a shake and turn the sausages over. Put back into the oven for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how golden and sticky you like your sausages.
2. The result should be an intense, tomatoey sauce. If you find it too thin, lift out the sausages and place the tray on the hob to cook it down to your liking – then put the sausages back in. Check the seasoning and serve either with a good-quality loaf of bread, warmed through in a low oven for 10 minutes (great for mopping up the sauce!), or with mashed potato, rice or polenta, a green salad and a nice glass of wine.